Tuesday, January 12, 2016

January 12 2016 Bring it on!!

Reading: Luke 12 and Job 13-14

Scripture: Job 13:13, “Let me have silence, and I will speak, and let come on me what may.

Observation: This passage stood out to me because like many I have a tendency to worry. Worry about money, about things, and about my family. My Pastor calls this future tripping, when you start future tripping your focus goes from God to the problem at hand or some preserved problem that you think may come. 

Application: We need to keep our focus on God, Job was going through some of the worst times in his life and he kept the proper perspective on God and what he had. When Job said “let come on me what may” hey is putting his trust in God and that God cares for him more then the lilies of the field. My translations to what Job said is “Bring it on, God’s got my back”


Prayer: Lord, I stand in awe of your power and majesty, you have taken time to know me, love me, and even like me even when I was the most unlikeable guy. I thank you for your love and mercy. I ask for wisdom and faith to be like Job and say what ever comes my way, let it come because I know who has my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment