Sunday, January 10, 2016

January 10, 2016 Brag on God

Reading: Luke 10 and Job 9-10

Scripture: Luke 10:20, “Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”

Observation: I know as humans it is natural to brag about things especially for us men. “Look what I made”, “I caught a fish this big”, or my favorite (and normally famous last words) “Hey, Watch this.”  We want to show how good we are or that there is something we can do that others can’t we like to brag.

Application: Here Jesus hearing back from the 77 that he sent out coming back and going, ‘OMG, this was so awesome the demons had to listen to us when we used your name.’ Just like we would but he said ‘Yep that’s cool but don’t let it go to your hear and don’t brag about that brag about the fact that you get to go to heaven and your name is in the book of life. We need to remember that sure though the Holy Spirit and in the name of Jesus Christ we have power over demons and sickness, but that is not the coolest thing and we need to share that. We need to brag about our home in heaven and share how to get there.


Prayer: Lord, you are so amazing, you made the sun and the stars and the earth and I stand in awe of you. I thank you for another day to enjoy the works of your hands and the great blessings you have for us. Lord I ask you help me to brag on you and your great gift of salvation though your son. I want to brag on what you have done for me and not about the things you have done though me. I am a conduit not the source and I want you to have the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment