Friday, January 1, 2016

January 1, 2016 A New Beginning

I’m calling today’s a new beginning, not only are we starting a new year and with a new year starting the reading plan over again. Also with this we are starting at two very important times in the world first the creation from which if it didn’t happen none of us would be here to day so Thank God for that. Then also into Luke’s Gospel account.

I also want to share with you a book that I am reading by a Pastor that I have been listening to for years. this book is called "Through the Eyes of a Lion" by Levi Lusko. The tagline on the book is "Facing impossible pain, Finding incredible power" I have only been though the first few chapters since my wife and I bought each other copies for Christmas. The openness of this man of God and his experience going though the hardest time a parent could ever go though the loss of a child.

Reading: Luke 1 and Genesis 1

Scripture: Luke 1:64, But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zechariah, for your prayer has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you shall call his name John.

Observation: I love some of these details that Luke puts in at time but here we hear an angel telling Zechariah that him and his barren wife will have a chilled in their old age like Abraham and Sarah. Then later on because he questioned it he was mute until the day John was to be circumcised.

Application: I think that this application is that we need to open ourselves up to God’s plan and having the faith that God will give us what we need to fulfill the calling and promise that he gave us. Because Zechariah questioned he was mute for possibly a year or more being that he was mute even though the end of his time of service then went home and was with his wife. Listen and read God’s words and pray to hear and see God’s promises then believe and have faith in those promises.

Prayer: Lord, help me to hear and see your promises in my life. I struggle with putting my will above yours and thinking I know best. I thank you for this last year of great blessings of My daughter, my house and all the little things that I may not remember or even noticed that you did. I dedicate my life and my family to your works, help me to see where I am to go and the steps I am to take as we rededicate our lives and direction to your will and direction for our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment