Sunday, January 3, 2016

January 3 2016 Here's my leftovers.

Reading: Luke 3 and Genesis 4-5

Scripture: Genesis 4:3-4, “In the course of time Cain brought to the Lord an offering of the fruit of the ground, and Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat portions. And the Lord had regard for Abel and his offering”

Observation: for the longest time growing up in the church and trying to appear to be a good Christian boy I wanted to give. I would make a point to put something I had into the offering plate at it would pass by. This I did trying to make myself look go and feel like I was doing the right thing. Here in Genesis I saw that I was being Cain giving to God my leftovers and doing it because I thought it was what I was had to do.

Application: We need to be Abel giving of our first fruits take that first portion of what God has allowed us to manage and give it back to him. We need to not give him what is left or even not at all. I have defiantly been part of those groups. The best way I have found to give it to remind myself that it’s not mine and I’m just returning it back to its owner. I’m retuning it ether though the church or though the giving in his name to those in need. It’s not yours so give and give generously because you cant out give God and as you give in his name he will be sure that you will be able to continually give that way.


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for all the provision you have given me, you pay our bills and hold us up. We give because you gave to us. I long to give as you give with a loving heart and have no regard to what is in it for me. Lord, I ask you to help me to keep in perspective the great blessing you have for me and how to continually give the first of what I allow me to steward.

No comments:

Post a Comment