Wednesday, January 20, 2016

January 20, 2016 Take it away!!!!

Reading: Luke 20 and Job 30-31

Scripture: Job 31:7-8, if my step has turned aside from the way and my heart has gone after my eyes, and if any spot has stuck to my hands, then let me sow, and another eat, and let what grows for me be rooted out.

Observation: After losing everything and having his so called friends coming and trying to comfort him by saying that he sinned and that God was punishing him. I don’t know how long I could stay around people who were saying those things. Also knowing I had not done wrong and that this was not a punishment I don’t know if I would have had the grace for these men. I know I would not have had the strength to say the things Job did and not punch out these guys.

Application: I think that this scripture can be applied in that it’s a call for us to check ourselves and keep ourselves on the right path. How I read this is “if I start walking away and I follow my eyes (the ways of the world), if I become more like the world I live in, take what I have from me and give it to someone who will use it better. Stay in the word and keep good Godly council around you.


Prayer: Lord, you are so amazing, you know the hairs on my head and the number of my days. I thank you for each and every day you give me. Lord, help me to stay in your way and fallow after you all the days of my life. Help me to keep my eyes on you and your great love and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment