Monday, January 4, 2016

January 4, 2016 Preach It Brother

Reading: Luke 4 and Genesis 6-8

Scripture: Luke 4:43, but he said to them, “I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well; for I was sent for this purpose.”

Observation: I know that it is so easy for me to forget that during his three-year ministry Jesus was not just sent to heal people and then at the end die on the cross. We so often focus on the healings and miracles that we forget that his primary purpose during those three years were to make disciples, preach, and teach.

Application: With that being his purpose and God’s will that should be ours as well. Not that we all should be standing in front of a congregation, but we should be sharing the Gospel with all around us and doing so to the people who Jesus would have been sharing it with, the broken down, beat up, down and out sinners of the world. Go out and share the love of God to the sinners of the world they are the ones in need of the healing that God has for them.


Prayer: Lord, Thank you for another day to have the opportunity to share your love. You are so amazing and I thank you for the beautiful weather we have had over these last few days. Lord, help me to better share your love with those around me and share the great blessings that you have given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment