Saturday, January 2, 2016

January 2, 2016 Dive deep.

Reading: Luke 2 and Genesis 2-3

Scripture: Luke 2: 46-47, After three days they found him in the temple, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. And all who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers.

Observation: This passage jumped out at me reminding about the fact that Jesus set aside his power and knowledge to come to earth. Wail still remaining fully God and being fully man he still had to learn. I don’t think He came from the womb full of knowledge. This section showed that he spent time with the teachers learning and later it mentions that he would “go to the synagogue as he was in the habit of doing,” making me think, he spent lots of time there learning.

Application: I think what we are to get out of this is to always be learning and pouring over the word of God so that we can have it speak into our lives. Get into the word daily and dive deep into his loving embrace. No matter if you use the same reading plan I do or just start in the beginning of the bible and read a few chapters a day read the Word and marinate in it and let it seep deep into your soul.


Prayer: Lord, I thank you for the opportunity to enjoy another year and seek more of your love and truth. I thank you for the great blessings of this past year and the blessings that have already come this year. I ask you to help keep me disciplined in my reading and journaling this next year. Help me to see new truths that I have missed or overlooked in the past. Open my heart and eyes to the direction you have and not the one I think I should be going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment