Wednesday, July 1, 2020

July 1, 2020 Are you tearing us apart??

Reading: 2 Samuel 22, Psalm 18, and Titus 3

Scripture: Titus 3:10-11, As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.

Thoughts: At the beginning of this paragraph Paul was reminding us that before God got ahold of us and we began seeking him we were just like those people that are being spoken of. In a world where we are told truth is relative, and that you can have your truth and I can have mine. After mentioning several topics and conversations that would normally devolve into arguments or are arguments, he tells us how to deal with someone who seems to have the soul purpose to stir up division. He tells us warn them twice then have nothing to do with them. Are we continually going back to the fight to prove we are right or are we because we need to fight, God has called us to live peaceably, don’t let yourself be self-condemned because you can’t let it go.

Prayer: Father your love is so wonderful, I thank you for filling me with it to overflowing and I seek your help to pour out on others that I do not become stagnant. I thank you for family and friends and the love connection we have. I thank you for your provision and blessings you pour out on us. I ask that you help me to see if I am becoming self-condemned and argumentative. Help me to let it go and listen to your passions and seek to match mine to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment