Friday, July 10, 2020

July 10, 2020 All night Prayer meeting!!!

Reading: 1 Kings 7, 2 Chronicles 4, Hebrews 8, and Luke 6

Scripture: Luke 6:12 In these days he went out to the mountain to pray, and all night he continued in prayer to God.

Thoughts: We have choices to make every day some large, some small. I this account of Jesus’ life Luke make the point to say that before appointing the apostles he spent a night in prayer. When we have a large decision are, we prayerfully laying this before God or are we relying on our experience and reasoning to get us though the process. More often than I would like to admit I will follow what I want, and I think is where I should go and not seek God. I do not know if most of my choices would have needed an all-night prayer meeting, but I know that there should have been some prayer about it and not a headstrong bull just charging into something that I thought was the way to go. “do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” Philippians 4:6

Prayer: Father you are the all mighty, all knowing, creator of all things. I thank you for all you have done in my life. I thank you for my family, I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us. I thank you that you have given us a way to connect to you and we don’t need any mediator besides your Son. I long to spend more time in your presence and to speak and listen to you. I allow myself to get distracted by many things. Help me to connect deeper with your Lord and grow in your truth and understanding and not my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment