Saturday, July 11, 2020

July 11, 2020 Waiting

Reading: 1 Kings 8, 2 Chronicles 5, and Hebrews 9

Scripture: Hebrews 9:27-28 And just as it is appointed for man to die once, and after that comes judgment, so Christ, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to deal with sin but to save those who are eagerly waiting for him.

Thoughts: In this today it was being compared that Jesus the high priest after the order of Melchizedek was also the sacrifice that took care of sin forever not just once a year like to sacrifices done in the past. Then we are reminded that we will die and be judged for what we did and how we lived our lives. Then when he comes again its not to deal with the sin because that work was finished on the cross and we all have access to that, but to save us who are eagerly waiting. When I read that we are going to be saved, that leads me to think that when he returns this world will be on the verge of hell on earth, where we need saving. As bad as things are in some and maybe most large cities in America with riots and protests there is a move to toward a world where we may need to be saved.

Prayer: Father God you are good. You creation screams of your glory. I thank you for your love and the mercy and grace you pour out on us, not giving us what we do deserve and pouring the blessings that we could never earn upon us. I thank you for my family I thank you for each and every person whom you have given me to walk with. I ask that your love pour over my family anew give us the grace of people and help us to pour your blessings out as you pour them on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment