Friday, July 17, 2020

July 17, 2020 I don't want to work!!

Reading: Proverbs 5-6, James 2, and Luke 9

Scripture: James 2:18, But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

Thoughts: To me this passage was mirroring the passage in 1 Corinthians 13:1, If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. We are know by our fruit, do we have good works for good works sake, to we speak in tongues to edify ourselves, with out faith and love all the religious things we do all the works we do are worthless. I know that in my past I did things just to keep up appearances that I was still being a good Christian, looking like I was still doing all the dos and staying a way from the don’ts, at least to those who didn’t know me. That may be part of the reason that the church I attended at that time folded, there was not a call to repentance and faith grown or discipleship. I’m not saying that everyone in that church were wrong or that they taught false doctrine but there was a focus that was off center for many including some of the leadership. Let us seek God and find ways to share our faith though the work we have. 

Prayer: Father God your love is overwhelming, you are so good to us and pour your grace and mercy upon us. I thank you for your love, I thank you for the peace and comfort that you have shown us. I thank you for my family and those who are as family. I ask that you help me to keep my focus on you and not doing works to get the praise of works but to point to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment