Tuesday, July 7, 2020

July 7, 2020 Who is in Charge here???

Reading: 1 Kings 3, 2 Chronicles 1, Psalm 72, and Hebrews 5

Scripture: 1 Kings 3:9, Give your servant therefore an understanding mind to govern your people, that I may discern between good and evil, for who is able to govern this your great people?

Thoughts: I know I still struggle with resting on my own understanding, and seeking my glory, it is human nature to look out for themselves, yet God calls us to love our neighbors as our selves. When God came to Solomon and asked what he wanted he was asked for the thing that would help him to govern. Are we looking and asking for things that will benefit us or others? I want to benefit others, but I also struggle with the idea of “What am I getting out of it?” I see so many others out there with new cars, huge houses, and all the fun things and I look at the things I have and don’t have.   

Prayer: Father the beauty of your creation leaves me in awe, the majesty of the mountains and the roar of the ocean cry out your name. I than you for my family I thank you for the provisions and blessings that you pour out on us. I ask that you help me to keep my priorities strait and seek you first and love my neighbors as myself. I ask that the truth be know in this country, I ask for the leadership of each city state and country of this world to encounter you and come to walk in your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment