Saturday, July 18, 2020

July 18, 2020 My soul has had enough!!

Reading: Proverbs 7-8, Psalm 123, James 3, and Luke 10

Scripture: Psalm 123:1-4, To you I lift up my eyes, O you who are enthroned in the heavens! Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their master, as the eyes of a maidservant to the hand of her mistress, so our eyes look to the Lord our God, till he has mercy upon us. Have mercy upon us, O Lord, have mercy upon us, for we have had more than enough of contempt. Our soul has had more than enough of the scorn of those who are at ease, of the contempt of the proud.

Thoughts: This Psalm is a lot how I feel at this time. I try to keep my eyes on God, I try to keep looking to him. I look us to praise and worship looking for grace and mercy. I have had enough for the contempt and scorn and craziness that has been going on in our cities and around the country, no matter if it is about racism or if it is over being asked to wear a mask, I am tired and had enough of the of the proud and extreme who are putting the scorn and contempt into this world. Let us all pray for our county, state, county, and cities that the truth be know and the spirits of deception and rebellion be removed. 

Prayer: Father God you are our strength and our armor. You are the author and director of all things. I thank you for my family, I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out. I pray against the spirits of deception and rebellion that are leading people. I pray for this great country, grant the leaders visions of you and your wisdom starting from the top with the president all the way down to city and local leaders. I lift up the police force as they are being attacked for actions of a few. Open the eyes of all help the to see you and how you have called this world to act and live. Show your love to this time of upheaval. 

No comments:

Post a Comment