Thursday, July 16, 2020

July 16, 2020 Count it as joy!!

Reading: Proverbs 3-4 and James 1

Scripture: James 1:2-4, Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. 

Thoughts: When in the midst of a trial, I know that it is hard to see or find the joy. James is exhorting us to count it as joy to go though trials. Being in limbo between being told our babies have no heartbeats, faith that our father in heaven can heal and breath life into these children yet knowing there is the possibility (likelihood) that my wife can miscarry. The joy I have found is in knowing no matter the outcome I have twins, no matter if its on earth or if they are waiting for me in heaven. The joy I know is that through this I will have a new strength and a steadfastness that that I didn’t know before. What are your trials, and how can they bring joy and a steadfastness?

Prayer: Father God, your love abounds over me, you comfort me in my hurt and you open my eyes to joy. I thank you for my family and all those who gather around us as family. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out on us. I thank you for the peace that you are giving us in this time of distress. I ask that you pour your peace and love out on all who are hurting in this time, open the eyes of those who don’t know you so that they can see the comfort that only you can bring. I continue to ask for healing to my wife and children with all authority you give us in your Son’s holy Name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment