Friday, July 3, 2020

July 3, 2020 Set up for success!!

Reading:1 Chronicles 22-24 and Hebrews 1

Scripture: 1 Chronicles 22:5, For David said, “Solomon my son is young and inexperienced, and the house that is to be built for the Lord must be exceedingly magnificent, of fame and glory throughout all lands. I will therefore make preparation for it.” So David provided materials in great quantity before his death.

Thoughts: As I read today what hit me was the amount of work that David was doing before he died, as a father I don’t want my children to fail. David was the same and he shows here when he is setting up Solomon up for success by making sure that he had everything he needed to build the temple. I want to give my children every opportunity to succeed and flourish but I know that even with the best intentions they can walk away, just like Solomon got distracted by the things of this world. I see our heavenly Father as the same way, he wants the best for us and wants to give us every opportunity to succeed, reminding me of Matthew 7:11, “If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!” Let us do our best to set up our children (biological, adoptive, and spiritually) up for success  

Prayer: Father you are so wonderful, your grace and mercy overwhelm me. All creation shouts your name. I thank you for bringing those who help lead and guide me. I thank you for your love and sending your Son. I thank you for your provision and blessings. I thank you for my family. I ask for help bestowing the proper gifts to my children and preparing them to succeed. Lead them and guide them and help me show your love to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment