Tuesday, July 14, 2020

July 14, 2020 Discipline is not fun!!

Reading: 1 Kings 10, 2 Chronicles 9, and Hebrews 12

Scripture: Hebrews 12:6-7, For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives.” It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline?

Thoughts: It is so easy to think of God as the all old man in the sky watching us to smite us when we mess up. Also it is easy to not recognize discipline and correction in our lives. We have all been disciplined by our parents no matter if it was done the “right” way or not we had to be taught how to live in our world or culture. God loves us so much that he wants to teach us how to live in his kingdom before we get there. He has adopted us into his family and made us co-hears with Jesus. Are we going to continue to not listen to him and throw it back in his face to live like everyone else or are we going to step up and listen? Discipline is never fun, there is always consequences when we don’t listen, as a child it could be a swat to the bottom or a time out, as an  adult it could be something like an accidental death that you are responsible and you have to live with that or something like a speeding ticket.

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful, you teach us and guide us in the way we should go but do not force us to walk that path. I thank you for your discipline and the correction you bring to my life. I thank you for my family and the those who are as family. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out on us. I ask that you help me to see and understand your discipline in my life that I can learn and grown from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment