Thursday, July 2, 2020

July 2 Where is your armor???

Reading: 2 Samuel 23-24, 1 Chronicles 21 and Philemon

Scripture: 2 Samuel 23:16-17, Then the three mighty men broke through the camp of the Philistines and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem that was by the gate and carried and brought it to David. But he would not drink of it. He poured it out to the Lord and said, “Far be it from me, O Lord , that I should do this. Shall I drink the blood of the men who went at the risk of their lives?” Therefore he would not drink it. These things the three mighty men did.

Thoughts: We may not see physical war as much as David did, there is still wars and battles or police actions going on where there is fighting all over the world. I know that when I have gone camping after being out for a week or more there are things you start longing for. Most of my camping it mostly roughing it we have our tents and a kitchen set up and depending on where we go maybe an outhouse or bathroom facility so one of the things is after that week I long for a shower. David had probably been dreaming of this water for a long time.

These three guys fight their way into this well draw water and fight their way back to David. Reading this my thought was are we being the three, when we hear our leader, our King longing for something do we just do it or are we sitting back going “the battle belongs to the lord,” and then sit back and watch it unfold. We have been given His armor and we should be ready to head into that battle, but are we? Is that armor put on, polished, and ready or is it hanging in the back of the closet or on the wall where we can admire that we have this armor as it rusts and becomes useless due to neglect. Put on your Amor of God and be ready to charge into the battle. Yes, the battle is the Lord’s but he wants Mighty men and women to rise up and fight for what is right.

Prayer: Father you are so wonderful, I thank you for your armor, I thank you that even though you could do it without me you have a place in your plan for me. I thank you for my family. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out on us. I ask that my ears are open to your longings and that I am prepared to run into the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment