Thursday, July 9, 2020

July 9, 2020 Quiet your Temple!!!

Reading: 1 Kings 5-6, 2 Chronicles 2-3, and Hebrews 7

Scripture: 1 Kings 6:7, When the house was built, it was with stone prepared at the quarry, so that neither hammer nor axe nor any tool of iron was heard in the house while it was being built.

Thoughts: Today, reading though the word in my Quiet time in the early morning hours of the day. I was struggling to hear something from God as I read and tried not to let other things distract me, On I think it was the third read through this passage from when Solomon was building the temple stood out. Salomon did not want the sound of the iron tools being used at the temple, sure there would have still been sounds of construction going on, instructions being yelled out stones and beams being put into place and the should of a wooden hammer putting in a peg or a nail. If you have ever been around stone cutting or places where iron strikes iron, you know it is loud and there is normally a suggestion to wear hearing protection. Salomon even before the temple was finished had a reverence for what is was. We are told in 1 Corinthians 6:19, that our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. I know that I am a work in progress, I am not done yet. Are we able to keep the excess noise in our lives turned down? I admit that I struggle with being connected though social media things but sometime when I am needing to listen to God I will find myself scrolling through something on my phone. Where is your quiet place and can you turn off the extra noise in your life?

Prayer: Father God I know you can speak over the roar of a jet, and can make me hear you, but you choose to call us to the quiet place. Your Son demonstrated this for us throughout his time in ministry. I thank you for calling me into that quiet place and reminding me the importance to keep this temple quiet to hear your voice better. I thank you for my family, I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out even when I don’t see it. I ask for help to set aside those distracting things.


No comments:

Post a Comment