Wednesday, July 15, 2020

July 15, 2020 Who or what do you fear?

Reading: Proverbs 1-2, Psalm 128, Hebrews 13, and Luke 8

Scripture: Psalm 128:3-4, Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table. Behold, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the Lord.

Thoughts: This to me was a reminder of God’s goodness and faithfulness to us. Siting in a time of unknowns, it is easy to let fear creep into our lives. Pandemics, Riots, and murder hornets, with us being globally connected with social media everyone’s opinion is being shared and the mass media reporting on some of the most horrific things, an unhealthy fear is easy to develop. Psalm 27 starts with calling God our salvation and stronghold and asks who should I fear. We are called to fear God because he is the only one who can cause eternal consequences. Everything the evil one can do here is only temporary. If I die here I will rise with my new body.

Prayer: Father you are so good to us and lead us to green pastures. I thank you for all you have done and all you are doing. I thank you for my family and the blessings and provisions that you are pouring out on us. I ask that you help me to recognize you blessings, provisions and directions betting so that I can follow after you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment