Sunday, May 26, 2019

May 22nd 2019 Has the Lord Left???

Reading: Judges 14-16 and 2 Thessalonians 1-2

Scripture: Judges 16:20, And she said, "The Philistines are upon you, Samson!" And he awoke from his sleep and said, "I will go out as at other times and shake myself free." But he did not know that the Lord had left him.

Thoughts: I know that when I was trying to keep up an appearance of a Christian, being a “Sunday Morning Christian” I was in some ways like Samson He was not to be touching dead things but he somehow got the honey out of the dead lion he was not to bring wine or strong drink but he walked through the vineyards. How close to the edge of the cliff of sin do we push ourselves to go before we fall off because we became so accustomed to being so close. Samson was worn down by telling lies and then have Delilah cry to him about the lying. Where are you drawing the line that you will not cross on the edge of the cliff or somewhere that you can keep yourself from sin.

Prayer: Father I thank you for loving me even when I walk too close to the cliff and even when I jump off. I thank you that you have welcomed me back into your arms. I ask that you help me to seek you and keep my eyes on you as your plans. Help me to walk through the doors you have opened and stop pounding on the doors that are closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment