Saturday, May 25, 2019

May 16th 2019 Unite my Brothers!!!

Reading: Judges 1-2, Psalm 133, and Colossians 2

Scripture: Psalms 133:1-3, Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! It is like the precious oil on the head, running down on the beard, on the beard of Aaron, running down on the collar of his robes! It is like the dew of Hermon, which falls on the mountains of Zion! For there the Lord has commanded the blessing, life forevermore.

Thoughts: This Psalm may have stuck out to me because both my call that I have been taking and my pastor have spent time on talking about the unity that should be in church. Not only in each individual church but the Church as a whole should be united. Biblically the first time Christians was used it was a put down and meant “Little Christ” Now two-thousand years later there are so many denominations and divisions in the Church the unity in the Church is gone and so many time even within a individual church. In the time this was written oil was seen as a representation of the Holy Spirit. I want to have the Holy Spirit poured out over me like the imagery, I want to be drenched in His spirit and His love.

Prayer: Father I long to be in your presence, I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out each day. I thank you for your anointing that you have given me and the plans for good and not bad that you have promised in your word.

No comments:

Post a Comment