Saturday, May 11, 2019

May 11th 2019 Choices choices!!!

Reading: Joshua 14-15 and Philippians 1

Scripture: Philippians 1:21-23, For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better.

Thoughts: Our home is in heaven with God the father, when we come into fellowship with God through Christ and what he did for us it is easy to start seeing how misguided the world has become. As we see the brokenness of the world we may want to just go to our true home. Paul was just like us in that sense. Paul both wanted to die and go home to Father God and wanted to stay and live as Christ to the world. I say as long as God leaves us on this earth, we are to live as Christ did and love the world around us. For as we work for the Lord and give Him the glory we can store our treasures in heaven where no one can take them away. I don’t want to be lifted up here, I want God to get the glory and if He deems me worthy to move closer at His banquet table then let Him call me up.

Prayer: Father I thank you for seeing me where I am and loving me enough to not leave me there. I thank you for your provisions and the blessings you pour out on us each day. I ask that you help me to live for you and point to you only. You are the one that give me the skill and abilities that are needed for your works.

No comments:

Post a Comment