Sunday, May 26, 2019

May 19th 2019, The true 300

Reading: Judges 7-8 and 1 Thessalonians 1-2

Scripture: Judges 7:7, And the Lord said to Gideon, "With the 300 men who lapped I will save you and give the Midianites into your hand, and let all the others go every man to his home."

Thoughts: As Gideon came down with over 30,000 men God knew that there would be the opportunity to boast of their own doings with the great numbers that came down so eventually it was brought down to 300 men. I love that these men were not chosen because they were the biggest and the baddest warriors but first they were willing to fight and second because of how they drank from a river. When I look at myself I don’t see a great warrior or any of the other common things we hear in the word that we are called to be. God said to take these 300 and go take out the Midianites I have already given them into your hand. What has God put in our hands that we have not claimed yet? What harvest is before us that we are looking past trying to find the next step.

Prayer: Father I thank you that you have chosen me to be among that 300 to go out and claim what you have placed before me. I thank you for the provisions and blessings that you pour out each day. I ask you to open my eyes to the harvest before me and I claim what you have for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment