Sunday, May 26, 2019

May 20th 2019, Control What???

Reading: Judges 9-10 and 1 Thessalonians 3-4

Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 4:3-4, For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you abstain from sexual immorality; that each one of you know how to control his own body in holiness and honor,

Thoughts: This is alway a reminder to me not only because it speaks of an issue that I am working on and seeking release from but also because I have verse 4 as a reminder tattooed on my wrist. I lost my eldest brother about 12 years ago in an auto accident and having control over our bodies and minds is something we struggled with together, getting into drugs alcohol and relationship we shouldn’t. Only through God’s grace and calling me home have I started turning from my ways and seeking his.

Prayer: Father I thank you for your love and that you are willing to call me home. I thank you for the provisions and blessings that you pour out on us each and every day. Open my heart to your corrections and refine me like silver burn off the things that are not of you and lead astray.

No comments:

Post a Comment