Friday, May 10, 2019

May 10th 2019 Bondservant?

Reading: Joshua 12-13 and Ephesians 6

Scripture: Ephesians 6:5-6, Bondservants, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ, not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart,

Thoughts: Here is the United State the term bondservant is not used much and the understanding of it can be murky. A bondservant is someone who has a debt to someone and is working for them to pay it off. In the movie “Ready Player One” they have a debtors prison or Loyalty Center (in book) where people are sent to work off their debt and many build more debt in there causing them to never get out.

Paul here is talking to the bondservants but at other time he calls himself one to Christ. I feel that the position of “bondservant of Christ” that Paul put on is applicable to us all. We have a debt that we can’t pay to Christ, as we take on the mantle of bondservant this passage not only is saying obey God but those we work for. We all have to do something for income of some sort and we are to do it as if we are doing it for God himself. I repair equipment and talk to customers and the public in my job I try to do the repair the best I can and be the nicest person I can during the process. Do all things as if God is right there with you.

Prayer: Father I thank you for all that you do and all that you have before me. Thank you for the provisions and blessings that you pour out on us. I ask that you help me to keep you in mind and care for all those who I come in contact with.

No comments:

Post a Comment