Tuesday, May 7, 2019

May 4th Are you weary?

Reading: Deuteronomy 33-34, Psalm 68, and Galatians 6

Scripture: Galatians 6:9-10, And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.

Thoughts: It is so easy to after a time of helping, contributing, or serving, to fell like you are used up or overwhelmed. I was needing this reminder that some of the things that have been going on and happening with my family we are getting to this point. Having this reminder that what we are going is not for our good or our exaltation but it is to plant seeds. I recently had seen something that talked about, when we plant a seed in the ground we are not going to see its fruit immediately. We are to be patient, water and fertilize and let it get a good dose of the sun. When we are working in the fields of the Lord we may be panting seeds that are going to be harvested by others, or we are those watering and pointing to the Son so that He can pour into them and do the work needed. One day we may be the harvesters but I feel we have more need of sowers and watering cans and Son pointers than we need harvesters.

Prayer: Father I thank you for the part I have in this harvest. Help me to sow the seeds I need to sow, water where I need to water, shine light where it is needs and harvest where harvest is needed. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out each day and the directions you have for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment