Saturday, May 25, 2019

May 17th 2019 What is Above???

Reading: Judges 3-4, Psalm 14, and Colossians 3

Scripture: Colossians 3:1, If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

Thoughts: I know that there have been times and probably will be more, where I started seeking after things that are not from above. It is a daily and sometimes a minute by minute discipline to seek what is from above and not go after the things of this world. The word says that sin is pleasurable for a time but will not fulfill. Just like the prodigal son went and had all his fun with his inheritance it didn’t last he ended up wanting to eat the pig food.

Prayer: Lord I long to sit at your table and serve as needed. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out each day. I ask that you help me to stay focused on you and your direction and let the things of this world grow dim and fade away. You provide all I need and even things of want. I thank you again for all you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment