Friday, May 3, 2019

May 3rd 2019, Can you be found guilty of being a Christian?

Reading: Deuteronomy 31-32 and Galatians 5

Scripture: Galatians 5:24-26, And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Thoughts: Just before this Paul listed the fruit of the spirit. Those are the evidences of who we are. Do we have enough evidence against us to be crucified with Christ and die to our flesh? I know that I spent many years looking at others and wondering why do they have it so much better then me, they hear God or they get to do this or that in the name of God. As I have grown closer to God and seek and learn to listen and hear the Holy Spirit. I have learned that I’m not to be jealous for the blessings and works God is giving and doing through others because my works are not their work and theirs are not mine. We are given these blessings and works to point to God and lift up and encourage the church.

Prayer: Father I thank you for the things you have and are doing through me. I ask that all I do point to you and encourage those around me. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out upon and before me. I ask that you help us to keep a right mind when looking at the works that are being done either through us or by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment