Wednesday, June 12, 2019

June 12th 2019 Why do you stand idle all day?

Reading: 1 Chronicles 6 and Matthew 20

Scripture: Matthew 20:6, And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing. And he said to them, 'Why do you stand here idle all day?'

Thoughts: Most of the time when I hear this parable about the workers we focus on the workers grumbling that the ones that came later got the same at they did. This morning the passage about there still being workers waiting at the eleventh hour. These men were out seeking work all day and didn’t get hired until the day was almost done. As a follower of Christ we many times see ourselves as one of the first groups of workers we are I’m saved and the pay is going to heaven. I was thinking when we look at this as who is serving God. When we got saved/hired did we go to work or are we will sitting waiting to start working. I have to admit that it took me a time to start serving. This week a sermon illustration that was used was; As Christians we are waiting, waiting for blessings, waiting for a calling, waiting for Christ to return. In a restaurant there is the wait staff. The wait staff is there to do what? Serve us, are we serving in our waiting, are we stepping out and doing for God in general as we wait for the specific. Why do you stand idle all day?

Prayer: Father, I love you and crawl into your lap and abide in your love. I thank you for your love and guidance every day. I thank you for your provisions and blessings for the day and open my heart to your leading and correction. I ask that you help me to open myself to your leading and be willing to serve where needed in general until you give me a specific calling and direction to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment