Thursday, June 30, 2016

June 30, 2016 You Said What?!?!?!

Reading: Titus 1, 2 Samuel 16-18, and Psalm 7+41

Scripture: 2 Samuel 16:11, And David said to Abishai and to all his servants, "Behold, my own son seeks my life; how much more now may this Benjaminite! Leave him alone, and let him curse, for the Lord has told him to. 

Observation: I feel that when ever someone curses or attacks me I am one of those guys that is quick to lash back and send insults and cursings back to them. I have grown up in a time where we are all very proud people, proud to a point of not listening to those around us.

Application: Here as David was feeling his son a man comes our cursing David and his men as they went by. Abushai probably had the mindset like I would have had, let me stop him from cursing us. I think what God is telling us in this is that we need to not worry about what others are saying about us or curses from others but even if there are those trying to curse us God will us it for good and we should let it fall on def ears.


Prayer: Father thank you for taking such good care of us. I thank you for your provisions and your blessings that you pour out on us each day. I thank you for the good council that you place in our lives. I ask that you help us to be slow to anger and more like a duck letting things just roll off our backs like a bead of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment