Friday, June 10, 2016

June 9, 2016 Get R Done!!

Reading: Matthew 17, 1 Samuel 25, and 1 Chronicles 3

Scripture: Matthew 17:4, And Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good that we are here. If you wish, I will make three tents here, one for you and one for Moses and one for Elijah."

Observation: This story is another that makes me feel like I would have a lot in common with Peter. I always want to be doing and working and I could that in this passage instead of standing there and enjoying the presents of Jesus, Moses, and Elijah, he wanted to do something he felt the need to make something tangible. In the ESV translation it used the word tent but in the KJV it says tabernacle, a place of worship before the temple was built. Peter wanted to build places to come worship each of these people.

Application: Just after Peter said this God the speaks up from the clouds and claims his Son again and tells these guys to listen to him. I like Peter am always wanting to do or speak or something and not very often do I sit down and try to listen to the Voice of God speaking to me. We need to take time away from continually doing and take a little time to stop and listen.


Prayer: Father I thank you so much for taking care of us each and every day you provide all things and you take care of each of us. I thank you that you are the one who gives promotion and leads us to green pastures. I ask you help me to stop and listen and open my heart and ears to your voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment