Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June 28, 2016 The Struggle is real!!!!!

Reading: 2 Timothy 3 and 2 Samuel 13-14

Scripture: 2 Timothy 2:2-4, For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

Observation: Every day I see more and more of these becoming prevalent in the American Culture. This list of attributes are not something we want to see. There are a couple things on this list that I have struggled with, or been a victim of, I know that self-control is something I struggle with and I have an ex-wife who was abusive to me.

Application: I know that everyone has the things that they struggle with, if we find ourselves struggling with one or more of these, first know its Ok we are human and have a sinful nature, but staving to overcome those struggles is what separates us from the world. Take those struggles to God and have someone in your life that can help hold you accountable, someone of your same gender and close enough to you that you can share those dark secrets with and will help you to grow and win more battles then loose.


Prayer: Father I thank you for the people you bring into our lives, those who are there for a lifetime and those only there for a season. I thank you for your provisions, your promotions and your blessings. Help us to see where we struggle and find those who can walk beside us as you work on our hearts to over come those things we struggle with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment