Friday, June 24, 2016

June 18, 2016 Take it I don't need it!?!?!

Reading: Matthew 26, 2 Samuel 3

Scripture: Matthew 26:9, For this could have been sold for a large sum and given to the poor.

Observation: I don’t know how often I have though about wining the lottery or anther sort of jackpot where I would get lots of money then think about how I would spend it and what good I could do with it and so many times giving to God his portion is not where my mind went first. just recently we got a mailer showing we won something and the way things were printed it looked as if we should get a few thousand dollars, thinking about how we could use that money and what we could do with it after talking about it for almost a day I remembered we made a commitment to God to give of every increase. so then we calculated out where we would be after that. 

Application: When we are in need God could use anything to provide us what we need, be is a promotion at our job or even a job where there never appeared to be one in the first place, or even a giveaway. Even though disciples reasoning sounded good there can be underlining deception. Money can corrupt us more easily the anything. 


Prayer: Father, I thank you that you provide for every need we have and that you take care of us so well. I also that you that many times you don’t give us what we think we want because you know where our hearts are and that what we ask could cause us to stumble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment