Sunday, June 12, 2016

June 12, 2016 Are you a servant?

Reading: Matthew 20 and 1 Chronicles 6

Scripture: Matthew 20:26, It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant,

Observation: As these guys were trying to jockey for position with God and Jesus even to the point that their mother came in and said hay can these two have the seats of honor next to you in heaven, just as I feel like many in the church do today. I give this much or I serve this much. We have this mentality to want to out do those around us.

Application: We are to serve, we all have a calling to serve. That calling to serve will look different to each person because of each persons giftings. I had to read a book in school called The Servant by James C. Hunter, This book changes what I though of and pictured when thinking about a servant. This scripture reminds me of this book in that it teaches that to be great leaders and to have authority in life we need to be servants and serve those we lead. 


Prayer: Father I thank you that you gave us the example of putting others first and loving them into heaven. As we serve you though serving other we show your love to the world around us. I thank you for everything you have blessed us with and provide all we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment