Wednesday, June 1, 2016

June 1, 2016 You are the Brut Squad?!?!

Reading: Matthew 9, 1 Samuel 17, and Psalm 144

Scripture: 1 Samuel 17:48, When the Philistine arose and came and drew near to meet David, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet the Philistine.

Observation: Growing up I aways was in awe of how big Goliath sounded but not knowing how to compare the hebrew measurements to what I knew it seemed hard to grasp. over the years I have been shown things and found things that have helped me to understand how big he really was. 6 cubits and a span in about nine feet nine niches so this man would have stood 3 foot taller then me and David would have been a teen at that time and could have been 4 foot shorter then Goliath. With that hight he could have easily been 400 Lbs. then it talks about his armor and his chain mail being 5000 shekels would be about 125 Lbs then his javelin being the size id a weavers beam would be about a hands berth think so maybe 6-8 inches in diameter and most likely as tall as he was meaning it was close to 75-100 Lbs not including the spear head being another 600 shekels in weight or 15 Lbs. compared to David who was probable 5 foot 5 inch and 150 Lbs at age 14-15 (I’m guessing but being that he was not part of the war he was under 20) 

Application: With gaining a better understanding of the different between the size of David and Goliath I can understand why the Israelites were afraid of him and put even more awe in how much faith David had when he Ran into the encounter with Goliath. We have the authority in Christ to take out our own Goliaths in our lives. Take up your sling and stones and charge into battle.


Prayer: Father I thank you for giving us the same strength and power that you gave David and even more then what he knew. I thank you for the blessings in my life and those people you have place in it to do life with. I ask you to help us to remember that we have the power to take out the enemy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment