Sunday, June 12, 2016

June 11, 2016 I don't want to die!!!!!!!

Reading: Matthew 19, 1 Samuel 27-28, and 1 Chronicles 5

Scripture: 1 Samuel 28:19, Moreover, the Lord will give Israel also with you into the hand of the Philistines, and tomorrow you and your sons shall be with me. The Lord will give the army of Israel also into the hand of the Philistines."

Observation: As much as Saul was still trying to obtain God’s favor again casting out the mediums and necromancers after Samuel’s death, God will still not talk to him so seeking the services of a medium who brought the spirit of Samuel up so speak to him. I love that Samuel has the ability to just tell him as it is. In paraphrase “Saul you screwed up and you and your family will die tomorrow” 

Application: God is a Just God he will always go as he says. After the spirit of the Lord left Saul because he had disobeyed God he told him that Saul’s family would not remain in power and another king would arise. We are blessed today that Jesus as paid the price for our disobedience and we no longer have to be worried about being struck down, but we still need to continually strive to be within God’s will. and Gods will is that we love him and love our neighbors as ourselves, and to spread the Gospel though our specific Microphone that our situations and life experience have given us.


Prayer: Father I thank you for your great blessings in my life giving me the different microphones that I have in my life and the provisions that you give us. I thank you for the daily bread, you provide for our daily needs. I thank you for sending your son to die for us so that we can experience the grease and mercy that you have for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment