Wednesday, June 29, 2016

June 29, 2016 Seeking the world

Reading: 2 Timothy 4, 2 Samuel 15, and Psalm 3+89

Scripture: 2 Timothy 4:10a, For Demas, in love with this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica. 2 Samuel 15:6, Thus Absalom did to all of Israel who came to the king for judgment. So Absalom stole the hearts of the men of Israel.

Observation: In the reading today I was hearing people loving the world. Demas left Paul and Absalom built a conspiracy to overthought his father and the kingdom of Israel. Society today has fallen in love with the world just as Demas and Absalom did. I admit it is easy to allow yourself to fall into the schemes of the devil, because they feel good, and they get you what you want now, but they don’t last. Like drugs these pleasures of the world they feel good at first but the more you do it the more  you need to do it to make yourself feel that same good you felt the first time.

Application: To me these stories and letters reminded me that I need to follow God’s plan and seek him, instead of seeking after the world. 


Prayer: Father I thank you of your great blessings and the reminders that all this comes from you. Nothing I have is not yours, and there are times I look at things though the eyes of the world. I thank you for the reminder and the blessings that you continually pour out on us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment