Friday, June 24, 2016

June 17, 2016 I'm not lazy!!!

Reading: Matthew 25, 2 Samuel 2, and 1 Chronicles 11

Scripture: Matt 25:26, But his master answered him, 'You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 

Observation: In this parable about the men being given money to be stewards of for their master. First something I found interesting was a Talent was a term used for about a years wages, so if we look at this in round numbers say that a talent today is $50,000 so the guy given 10 of this was given a half Million dollars to invest. this last guy was so scared all he did was bury it in a field. 

Application: God is not telling everyone that we all need to be the best business man by praising the ones who doubled what they were given but rebuked the one who didn’t nothing. God is not looking at how much money you make him but he is looking for someone who is going to step out but his trust in the Lord and do for the glory of God and doing for the Gory of God can fail and the master will not fault you for a mistake but will rebuke you for laziness. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for opening my eyes to your work ethic and help us to work anything we do for you. I thank you for you provision and I ask for your discernment looking into what is to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment