Tuesday, June 7, 2016

June 5, 2016 Get out of the storm!!!

Reading: Matthew 13, 1 Samuel 22, and Psalm 52, 57, 63, and 142

Scripture: Psalm 57:1, Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by.

Observation: Right now I kinda know what David is feeling like. Sure I’m not being chased by a King that is hell bent on killing be because God took his anointing and moved it from the king to David. But today we are in the mist of a storm and we are needing to take refuge in the Lord.

Application: For me today this was a great reminder that we have that refuge in God, He is that cave in a storm or even just a small outcropping that is just enough to allow us to dry off and maybe build a fire so that we have that place to come back to. When there are large storms like what David was going though and me less so, you may still have to venture out into the storm to do something, from a survivalists point of view we still need food and water to survive not just the shelter. In this refuge of God we still have to go though the storm, or I have also heard them called fire, but either way God will do one of three things 1) Deliver you from the storm, 2) Deliver you though the store, or 3) Deliver you by the store. Meaning he may take this trial or storm from you just as Jesus asked in the Garden “if there be another way let this cup pass from me” God may just give you the strength and ability to get though the trial, and finally there may be a trial that will being you home to be with him in paradise. 


Prayer: Father, you are so wonderful and each day I stand in awe of the care you have for me and that you love each and every one of us so much you would send your son to die to be able to adopt us into your family. I thank you for the provisions that you pour our on us each day keeping food on the table and taking care of things we need. I ask that if it is your will let this cup pass from us, but if it is not give us the strength to walk in that will and face what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment