Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June 27, 2016 What use are you

Reading: 2 Timothy 2, 2 Samuel 11-12, Psalm 51

Scripture: 2 Timothy 2:20-21, Now in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver but also of wood and clay, some for honorable use, some for dishonorable. Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from what is dishonorable, he will be a vessel for honorable use, set apart as holy, useful to the master of the house, ready for every good work.

Observation: We are part of the Great house of the Lord and we are all vessels, all have our uses. Before knowing the Lord we were all dishonorable and used for dishonorable uses. 

Application: Through the forgiveness of sin by the great gift of God through the death and resurrection of Jesus we have been cleansed of what is dishonorable and been made ready for honorable use. Now that we have been made for honorable use we need to stop going back to being used for dishonorable defiling ourselves. With the help and convictions of the Holy Spirit we can strive daily towards being the righteousness of the lord.


Prayer: Father Thank you for removing whatever is dishonorable in my life that causes me to be a vessel for dishonorable use and cleansing me to be one of honorable use. I thank you for the blessings and the provisions in my life that you pour out on me and my family. I ask that you speak loudly to us and convict us when we start picking up our dishonorable duties again.

No comments:

Post a Comment