Wednesday, June 22, 2016

June 14, 2016 Laying it on thick.

Reading: Matthew 22, 1 Samuel 30, and 1 Chronicles 8

Scripture: Matthew 22:16, And they sent their disciples to him, along with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that you are true and teach the way of God truthfully, and you do not care about anyone's opinion, for you are not swayed by appearances. 

Observation: When the pharisees were trying to find something to persecute Jesus with they sent their disciples to ask questions of him but before they asked him a single question they were complimenting him and trying to butter him up so that he may slip up. Once they ask about paying taxes to Caesar Jesus blows them away with the idea of giving to Caesar what is his and giving to God what is his. 

Application: How often to we try to butter someone up to try and get something out of them or have you been the one who has been buttered up. I know I am guilty if trying to butter up my father or mother to get things and i may have even done it to my wife. I know my daughter is still to young to do it but she will be old enough to try it. This is one of the way Satin tries to take us out, Pride he will puff us up and make us think about ourselves more then others. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for your great mercy and the forgiveness you have poured out on us. I thank you for the provisions of each day and the blessings of my family. I ask that you open our minds and help us to see when our pride is being used against us and help us to keep a right mind of our selves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment