Sunday, June 26, 2016

June 20, 2016 Future Tripping

Reading: Matthew 28, 1 Chronicles 12, and Psalm 37

Scripture: Psalm 37:7,  Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!

Observation: As I was reading this I was thinking about how I am always thinking that I need something now or trying to over plan for the future. My paster calls this Future tripping, even though I daily ask God for provisions and thank if for what he is giving me I tend to not want to wait for it. 

Application: I don’t know if David wrote this as reminder to himself, like I will write notes to myself to remind myself of things that need to be done and I ask my wife for a list of things to do, so I have a record of what needs to be done and what I have gotten done, but we need to Patiently Wait on the Lord and not worry about what tomorrow will bring.


Prayer: Father, You are so wonderful and awe inspiring, I thank you for everything you have given me, a Wife and family a home and a Job that helps provide money we need to survive. I thank you of r the daily bead that you give us and that which is still on the way. I ask you help us to understand that our timing is not yours and help us to accept that your timing is perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment