Friday, July 8, 2016

July 1, 2016 You did what?!?!?

Reading: Titus 2 and 2 Samuel 19-21

Scripture: 2 Samuel 19:21-22, Abishai the son of Zeruiah answered, "Shall not Shimei be put to death for this, because he cursed the Lord's anointed?" But David said, "What have I to do with you, you sons of Zeruiah, that you should this day be as an adversary to me? Shall anyone be put to death in Israel this day? For do I not know that I am this day king over Israel?"

Observation: Just a short time before this same man Shimei had been cursing david as David left was leaving Jerusalem to avoid being killed by his son. Now as david returns he asks for forgiveness. I don’t know how many times I have felt like Abishai asking for permission to take vengeance upon someone who had wronged me.  

Application: Just as David said, “Shall anyone be put to death…this day” We all need the heart of David, we need to know that as God in the one who judges man’s heart and we are to forgive. Forgiveness is not a release of guilt of what someone has done but the release of you dwelling one it. Just as we can not release the man who killed so many at the Bible study and prayer, but the family and church members when too his arraignment and forgave him. This was an extreme example but we all have things in our lives where we need to stop asking for revenge and start offering forgiveness.


Prayer: Father, I thank you for forgiving us and giving us the ability to forgive others. I also thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out on us each day. I ask that you help us each to open up our hearts and offer forgiveness to those who have wronged us and show them your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment