Thursday, July 28, 2016

July 28, 2016 I am so smart...S.M.R.T

I have been struggling with finding my routine each day and doing my devotions and spending time with God has been the thing that has suffered. I have found in my life and observing others that this is how it is, we get ourselves busy and the first thing that goes is almost always time spent with God. First I want to apologize to God that I placed him on a back burner thinking "It will be there when I have time or when I really need it." Second I want to apologize to you my readers because I have made a commitment to write this each day, I had felt a calling to share this with you and I put my wants before my commitment to God and you. I will do my best to stay on top of this and if I'm going to be away I will let you know.

Reading: 2 Peter 2, Proverbs 26-27 and Psalm 98

Scripture: Proverbs 26:12, Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Observation: Over the last few months I have started new jobs and worked with people that have more experience then I do at those given jobs. I have found myself when working with people who are trying to train me thinking, “The people are talking to me like I'm a moron who can’t rub two brain cells together.” Some times I even think I have more education and a higher IQ then they do. 

Application: I have fallen into this trap of being a man who is wise in his own eyes, I may have schooling and a high IQ but intelligence is not wisdom. I want to be wise and develop true wisdom, but I also don’t want to become the know it all. For me to not be the man who is wise in his own eyes I need to keep myself open to others ideas and not be so closed minded on how to do things but also know that there is always more to learn and to focus on God and what he would do in that situation.


Prayer: Father I thank you for this day and the reminder that I’m not wise and that I need to look to the wisest of all for directions. I thank you for the provisions you have given us and the blessings you pour out on us each day. I ask that you help me to have proper discernment in all situations and help me to accept the help and directions of others even if (especially if) I think I know what I’m doing. Lord you are the giver of wisdom and life and I thank you for the portion you have give me thus far and ask for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment