Monday, August 1, 2016

August 1, 2016 I can't do it I'm not perfect.

Reading: 1 John 3, Songs of Solomon 5-8 and Psalm 13

Scripture: 1 John 3:6, No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him.

Observation: For a long time this its scripture was very hard for me, I saw it as this declaration that I didn’t have a relationship with Jesus. I would fail and sin, then I would look at myself and think I must not have a relationship with God. I would find myself feeling like I should be baptized every week or so because I though it didn’t work because I slipped up and sinned in this way or that way. 

Application: As I have spent more time in the word and sought God, I found that this passage is less condemnation for those who still sin on accident but it is condemnation for those who plan their sin. This was here saying that those who go out and purposefully do evil and purposefully sin. We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of the lord. None of us are worthy of going to heaven on our own deeds and actions. This does not mean we have the ability to do whatever we want because we are still called to be holy and he is holy. We are to seek God and do our best to honor him in all we do.


Prayer: Father I thank you for you love and guidance. I thank you for your provisions and blessings. As we all still struggle with different sins and failures in our life I ask you to help us to see your love and know that we are not just cast out because we are not perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment