Tuesday, August 23, 2016

August 23, 2016 Share

Reading: Joel 1-3

Scripture: Joel 1:3,  Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation.

Observation: When I read this the first thing that came to mind was, “What have I been  sharing with my daughter?” As a bit if a geek I enjoy super hero, science fiction and fantasy, in all formats book, movie and video game. My daughter has sat on my lap and watched me play games, and we have watched shows and movies together, but how much have I told her about God and his love of us and specifically her. 

Application: Yes this passage was about giving a warning to the coming generations that all they have can be taken away if they do not follow the lord. But today I want to challenge all of us too speak God’s love into your children’s lives. I know not everyone has kids but everyone has kids in some aspect of their life and we just have to love them as God loves them because so many kids in this world don’t know what love is. 

Prayer: Father, I thank you for the opportunity to be a father, having this little girl has opened my heart and mind to understanding more of you and has helped me to become a better man. I also thank you for the provisions and blessings you pour out on us each day. I ask you help us to feel the need and urgency to share your love with our kids and all who are around us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment