Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August 30, 2016 E=mc2

Reading: Mark 7 and Isaiah 1-2

Scripture: Mark 7:32-35, And they brought to him a man who was deaf and had a speech impediment, and they begged him to lay his hand on him. And taking him aside from the crowd privately, he put his fingers into his ears, and after spitting touched his tongue. And looking up to heaven, he sighed and said to him, "Ephphatha," that is, "Be opened." And his ears were opened, his tongue was released, and he spoke plainly. 

Observation: When reading this account of one of the healing that Jesus did I remember about whenever he healed someone he never did it the same way twice, that I can remember. It feels like he didn’t want to give a formula to heal he wanted us to learn faith in healing. Later Jesus gives us the authority to heal and cast out demons. 

Application: To me the fact that there is not a formula or specific way we are to heal or be heal is great news. I have a hard enough time walking in the authority that Jesus gave me, but because he shows that the healing is less how the healing is being done and more about the faith and authority of those involve in the healing. We have the authority to heal in the name of Jesus Christ. 


Prayer: Father I thank you for the authority you have give us though your son. I also thank you for your provisions and blessings that you give us each day. I ask you too help me to walk in the authority and power that you have give to us and be open to stepping out in it to do your will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment