Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 24, 2016 Are you worthy?????

Reading: Mark 1 and Jonah 1-4

Scripture: Jonah 2:1-2, But it displeased Jonah exceedingly, and he was angry. And he prayed to the Lord and said, "O Lord, is not this what I said when I was yet in my country? That is why I made haste to flee to Tarshish; for I knew that you are a gracious God and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, and relenting from disaster.

Observation: we all have people or people groups that we don’t want to interact with because of the way we were raised or because we have had a bad experience with them. Then later you find out that someone within that group has become a christian and we just like Jonah we get mad at God because he allowed them to repent and be saved. 

Application: How often do we think that group over there are not allowed to be saved because they are all so bad. Jonah thought that he would be better off dead then living in a world where Nineveh was saved. We are not the ones called to judge who is worthy to be offered the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we are called to share it will all the world. Only God knows the plans for you, you may be the person who reaches an entire people group or you may only touch one life, but we are all called to do our part. We are called to love as he loves we would need to truly hate someone to not tell them how to be saved.

Prayer: Father I thank you for all that you have done for me, the provisions and the blessings you have poured out on us. I ask you for forgiveness for not sharing your word as I should and ask that you help me to be more open and outgoing to reach those around me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment