Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August 31, 2016 Old Man Syndrom

Reading: Mark 8 and Isaiah 3-5

Scripture: Isaiah 3:5, And the people will oppress one another, every one his fellow and every one his neighbor; the youth will be insolent to the elder, and the despised to the honorable.

Observation: It is interesting reading these prophecies from the Old Testament, it is commonly thought that these prophecies only refer to the time of Christ. Although like this one I see it as so applicable to today. Maybe in comparison of when it was written to the time of Christ this could have been true but today it is so prevalent especially in the US. The youth of today are some of the rudest, most foul mouthed people I have ever seen being I am only in my mid thirties I remember thinking that of my generation in school nearly 20 years ago.

Application: We all have influence even if it’s only by what we don’t do. We are to Love people into heaven. Jesus said, “Love your neighbor as yourself.” We need to remember to give respect, give honor, and love as Jesus showed us to love. 

Prayer: Father, I love you and thank you for the ability to love as you love. I thank you of the provisions and blessings that you give us. I ask that you help strengthen us to love our neighbors as you do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment