Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August 2, 2016 The End Is here?!?!?!!?

Reading: 1 John 4, 1 Kings 11 and Ecclesiastes 1

Scripture: 1 John 4:1, Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Observation: So many times I remember hearing about the Antichrist in association with the book of Revelations and the end times. For the longest time I would pick someone in the new and think they were the antichrist and the end of the world was coming. I still hear about people doing that today, one of the biggest ones I heard was that President Obama was the antichrist and he was going to bring about then end. I have not heard it but I'm sure there are those out there who say the same thing about the current presidential candidates.  

Application: Here John warning people about these false profits and then calls them antichrist and that they are in the wold now. That tells me that there may be one overarching antichrist spirit like the devil but when that spirit comes upon someone they become an antichrist. Each and every day I see that we deal with antichrists, being that antichrists are those who do not acknowledge Jesus as Christ and from God. The more this world moves away from God the more antichrists are out there and the easier it is for the spirit of the antichrist to come upon them.


Prayer: Father That you for this day and that you have given us ways to discern between spirits. I thank you for your provisions and your blessings that you give us each day. I ask you to open our eyes to see what spirits are speaking into our lives and shut out those who are not of you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment